Tips to get Over Fear of the Phone!
Tips to Get Over Fear of The Phone!
I am sure you have been there before, want to add to your business, even motivate yourself doing positive self talk, and it still sits there, like a 100 pound weight on your shoulders…. yes its the phone!!
You’ve probably heard it said that in order to move your business forward you have to get ON THE PHONE! You have to talk to people, to book shows, sell products, show your opportunity, and even make money! Yet for many the phone is a scary modern convenience that if left alone, people hope they can make money without using! While it is true there are other mediums we can take advantage of today such as facebook, videos, email, etc. there absolutely comes a time when we have to get on the phone and talk to people, so here are some tips to help you get over your fear of the phone.
A common issue faced by many network marketers is fear of the phone. We know that we have to call people, we have the list, but when we go to make the calls it seems as if the receiver weighs 100 pounds.
There are many different reasons people may be nervous about prospecting. Most often it is either the fear of rejection or they think they may not know enough and what if someone asks them a question that they can’t answer.
Here is my perspective on this situation, and some ways to overcome the fear.
- First and foremost, a rejection when prospecting is not personal. The person on the other line has no idea who you are, so it is in no way a personal attack.
- Every successful marketer I have ever met has faced this same problem, and yet they worked it out.
- You don’t have to know everything about what your company offers and how your pay scale works. If someone asks you a question that you don’t know the answer to, be honest and let them know that you don’t want to give them the wrong information, but that you will definitely find out and get back to them.
- If you are scared that you may not know what to say, get a script and practice it over and over. You can also do this with family members, or your enroller.
- Keep a visual reminder as to “why” you decided to start in the first place. Maybe it was because of your kids, or the future, or maybe it’s to buy that new car or a new home. Whatever it is…keep it in front of you at all times.
- The only way to get over the fear is to face it. What’s the worst that could happen? It doesn’t matter. You will get better with time, that’s a given. I have a saying that I would use to keep myself going at times like this…”You have to be willing to be bad enough, for long enough, in order to get good enough!”
- Just know that it gets easier with each call you make and there will be a time when you can’t wait to pick up the phone and talk to as many people as you can fit into your day.
Prospecting is something that has to be done in order to be successful in any business. You can either start now or later, but you will have to start sometime. The sooner you do, the sooner you will see results.
If you are struggling to pick up the phone, I have found GREAT help from Ray Higdon’s Master Sponsoring Series, I highly recommend you purchase a copy and implement his tips! (Ray is a number 1 earner in his company, so yes he knows his stuff!)There is a FREE 89 Minute Value packed Webinar just for entering your email!! (then you can buy if you want the program which I recommend that you do)
To Your Success,
P.S. I don’t know how long Ray Higdon will be offering the FREE 89 Minute Training Webinar!
Special thanks to: work at home facts for helping with the content for this article.